The Autism Spectrum Award honors an individual with autism spectrum disorder who has shined a positive light on autism through his/her character, positive attitude and contribution. 2017 will be the 3rd year for the award. Past winners include Joshua Deer and Gloria Mendoza. The recipient of this award will be honored at the annual Els for Autism Golf Challenge Grand Finale on October 27th in Palm Beach, Florida.
For more information:
Contact Kerri Morse
Phone: 561- 320-9523
Criteria for a nomination:
- Open to any adult that identifies as having an Autism Spectrum Disorder (age 18+)
- Significant achievement in their own personal context
- An inspiration to other people with autism & a catalyst for helping people with autism fulfill their potential to lead positive, productive, and rewarding lives
- In any area of endeavor (arts, employment, community service, recreation, etc)
- The nominee has given consent for this nomination. We ask that you discuss your intended nomination with the nominee and/or their guardian and secured their consent to be nominated.
Nominations are due on or before September 1, 2017
How to submit your nomination:
Fill out the complete form below with both your nominee information and your contact information. Please provide a narrative of no more than one (1) page that describes your reasons that this person should be chosen for the Autism Spectrum Award and what capacity you know the nominee. You may also include supporting documentation such as: photos, letters of support, awards, resumes, etc.
The following questions may assist with how to highlight your nominee’s activities, contributions and/or achievements:
- In what role(s) or area(s) has the nominee excelled?
- Can you give specific examples of your nominee’s activity, contribution or achievement?
- Why is the nominee’s activity, contribution or achievement worthy of recognition?
- What impact has the nominee’s contribution had on the community of people on the spectrum?
- What challenges has the nominee had to overcome?
- What makes your nominee stand out?
- Over what period has the nominee made a contribution?