The Els for Autism Spectrum Award honors an individual with autism spectrum disorder who has shined a positive light on autism through his/her character, positive attitude, and contribution.
2018 Autism Spectrum Award Nomination
Nominations are due on or before September 1, 2018. The recipient of this award will be honored at the annual Els for Autism Golf Challenge Grand Finale October 28-29th in Jupiter, Florida.
- Open to any adult that identifies as having an Autism Spectrum Disorder (age 18+).
- Has demonstrated a significant achievement in their own personal context.
- Is an inspiration to other people with autism & a catalyst for helping people with autism fulfill their potential to lead positive, productive, and rewarding lives.
- Accomplishments in any area of endeavor (arts, employment, community service, recreation, etc).
- The nominee has given you consent for this nomination. We ask that you discuss your intended nomination with the nominee and/or their guardian and secure their consent for the nomination.
- If you have submitted a nomination in the past and have not been selected, please reapply.
For more information or for questions please contact:
Dr. Kerri Morse, Adult Services Manager
Phone: 561- 320-9523
Els for Autism Foundation announced the 2017 award recipient at the annual Els for Autism Golf Challenge Grand Finale on Oct. 27, 2017, in Palm Beach, Florida.
2017 Els for Autism Spectrum Award winner:
Rachel Barcellona is a compelling advocate for people with disabilities. Currently, Rachel is the international spokesperson for the Center for Autism and Related Disabilities (CARD) at the University of South Florida and was recently elected to their executive board of directors. She was named ambassador for the Unicorn Children’s Foundation and works with this international organization to help people with neurodiversity.
Rachel has won the titles of:
- Miss Largo’s Outstanding Teen in 2014
- Miss Florida Collegiate in 2015
- Miss Florida International in 2016
- Miss Southeast International 2017
She is a member of the International Thespian Honor Society and is an honor student and vocalist who loves sing opera. Congratulations to Rachel Barcellona the 2017 recipient of the Els Autism Spectrum Award!
2016 Els for Autism Spectrum Award winner:
2015 Els for Autism Spectrum Award winner: