Els for Autism was established in 2009 by Liezl and Ernie Els. The Els’ son Ben is impacted by the disorder which affects 1 in 68 children in the U.S. The world class pro golfer and his wife have devoted their efforts to a catalytic philanthropic project – The Els Center of Excellence.
Designed as a global hub to connect the international autism communities, the facility creates shared best practices and latest research for improved collaboration. The 26-acre facility provides on-site education for 300 students, ages 3-21 years old. Focus areas include:
Els for Autism is a US public charity (EIN #26-3520396), recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as exempt from Federal tax under Section 501(c)(3) of the tax code. Donors should consult their tax adviser to determine whether they are eligible to claim a deduction associated with their donation to this event.
Els for Autism is a game-changing resource, delivering and facilitating programs that are leading examples of what can be available to people with autism spectrum disorder (ASD).
We are committed to better understanding the aspirations of people with autism spectrum disorder and helping them to fulfill their potential to lead positive, productive and rewarding lives, through:
- Understanding the nature of ASD and facilitating the development and delivery of treatment therapies, educational programs, training programs, and recreational programs as well as residential and independent living programs
- Ensuring the development of global outreach that will facilitate the sharing of best practices and programs
- Raising awareness and promoting the value, acceptance and inclusion of people with ASD
- Provide high quality information, intervention, education and support to local, state, national, and international families of diverse cultures
- Provide programs based on best practices and develop innovative interventions through investigative study and analysis
- Engage in research to further knowledge in the field of ASD
- Establish funding required to sustain the mission and program goals through grants, donations, and events