Els for Autism Foundation was established in 2009 by Liezl and Ernie Els. The Els’ son Ben is impacted by the disorder which affects 1 in 68 children in the U.S. The world class pro golfer and his wife have devoted their efforts to a catalytic philanthropic project – The Els Center of Excellence.
The Els Center of Excellence is a world-class facility hosting leading-edge Programs and Services. Based in Jupiter, Florida, the Foundation opened the first two buildings of it’s 26-acre campus in August 2015 and is on track to be a game-changing resource in the field of autism and a leading example of what can be available to individuals on the spectrum. Having all the essential components on one campus, with integrated programming and the continuity of service this allows, is not only a game-changer for the local autism community, but makes the campus the perfect hub for a variety of global outreach activities. This insures The Els Center of Excellence’s positive influence is felt far beyond the boundaries of its walls. Once the campus is completed, the impact will be magnified!
Fundraising continues to secure funding for the Sports, the Medical & Research Services, and the Adult Services Facilities.
Programs and Services at The Els Center of Excellence:
Providing learning opportunities for individuals with ASD as well as parents, university students and professionals, both onsite and online.
Supporting the continued understanding of effective interventions for individuals with ASD.
Serving as a hub for the autism community to disseminate best practices, while providing direct services to families from around the world.
Delivering and disseminating fitness and therapeutic arts programs developed for people with ASD.
Delivering best practice support and services beginning with early intervention through adulthood.
Providing life span service programs to help adults successfully transition to all aspects of life including employment, independent living and recreation.
Vision, Mission and Goals of the Foundation:
Els for Autism is a game-changing resource, delivering and facilitating programs that are leading examples of what can be available to people with autism spectrum disorder (ASD).
We are committed to better understanding the aspirations of people with autism spectrum disorder and helping them to fulfill their potential to lead positive, productive and rewarding lives, through:
- Understanding the nature of ASD and facilitating the development and delivery of treatment therapies, educational programs, training programs, and recreational programs as well as residential and independent living programs
- Ensuring the development of global outreach that will facilitate the sharing of best practices and programs
- Raising awareness and promoting the value, acceptance and inclusion of people with ASD
- Provide high quality information, intervention, education and support to local, state, national, and international families of diverse cultures
- Provide programs based on best practices and develop innovative interventions through investigative study and analysis
- Engage in research to further knowledge in the field of ASD
- Establish funding required to sustain the mission and program goals through grants, donations, and events
Els for Autism is a US public charity (EIN #26-3520396), recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as exempt from Federal tax under Section 501(c)(3) of the tax code. Donors should consult their tax adviser to determine whether they are eligible to claim a deduction associated with their donation to this event.