The innovative golf program started in 2013, in collaboration with The First Tee ® and PGA REACH. Infused with evidence-based practices for teaching golf to people with ASD, #GameON Autism Golf is designed to build self-esteem and confidence in a fun, welcoming and supportive environment; encouraging participants to learn golf skills while practicing specific autism learning concepts including communication, emotional regulation, motor and social skills.
Participants will learn and practice foundational motor skills through fun athletic games and golf activities while practicing social/communication skills each class.
Instructor: The First Tee of the Palm Beaches is the service provider for the all sessions
Spring 2018 Dates:
- Spring Term 1 runs January 22nd through March 2nd
- Spring Term 2 runs April 2nd through May 11th
Spring 2018 Times:
- Ages 22+: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2:10pm-2:50pm
- Ages 6-10: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:00pm-3:40pm
- Ages 11-15: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:50pm-4:30pm
- Ages 16-21: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4:40pm-5:20pm
- For the Spring Terms, private instructions are available $20.00 for 30 minutes of instruction
Fee: $60 per session ($5 per class), advance payment required. Discount available when you register for both terms up front.
A minimum of 4 participants are required for groups. Participants must be able to take part in a group setting of 4 to 1 therapist or come with an assistant for duration of each class.
Now available – Ernie Els #GameOn Autism™ Golf manual is now available for instructors, schools, and other autism organizations to integrate into their own curriculum. The #GameON Autism Golf Program is specially designed so that participants learn efficiently and practice effectively to achieve their individual golf successes. To find out more or to become an Official Program Provider:
Contact: Dan Hulsey, Recreation Services Coordinator