Roots & Ruts Off-Road 5K
April 25, 2020 at 8 a.m.
The second annual Roots & Ruts Off-Road 5K Run/Walk features a course through the North Jupiter Flatwoods Natural Area, a 160-acre natural area preserves comprised of mesic flatwoods, wet flatwoods, depression marsh, and dome swamp ecosystems.
Because the run will take place in natural woodlands, participants should be cautious and aware at all times during the race. Racers should expect to encounter multiple ground surfaces throughout the race such as pavement, gravel, sand and grass.
This race supports the Els for Autism Foundation™. Your participation will help us continue to secure funding for the Sports, Medical and Research, and Adult Services Facilities at The Els Center of Excellence™.
- T-Shirts are guaranteed to the first 250 registrants.
- Finisher Medals for each 5K participant.
- Advanced Registration is $35. Day of registration will be available for $40 per participant, based on availability. Cash, check and credit card will be accepted on-site.
- The race will start promptly at 8 a.m. and AccuChipUSA will provide net timing to each participant.
- Strollers and pets are not allowed in the race.
- Early packet pickup will be on Thursday, April 23. at The Els Center of Excellence, Pavilion from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Day of packet pickup will begin on Saturday, April 25 from 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 a.m.
- On race day, parking directors will assist once you enter the gates at The Els Center of Excellence. Parking will be open at 6:30 a.m. and parking is free.
Starts at 8:00 a.m. to 11 a.m.
The expo will feature the race awards presentation, vendors, family-friendly activities, and lunch options! It is a celebration of the awesome talents of people with autism, and a morning you will not want to miss!
Sensory-Friendly Obstacle Course
Starts at 8:45 a.m.
The Sensory-Friendly Obstacle Course is a new addition to Roots and Ruts. The course includes a variety of autism-friendly sensory obstacles designed to be enjoyable for all ages and abilities. Completing each obstacle is not required to cross the finish line. The Sensory-Friendly Obstacle Course will stay within The Els Center of Excellence™ campus. Registration is not mandatory but is recommended if you’d like a t-shirt. All participants are welcome!
Roots & Ruts Event Day Schedule
6:30 am – Parking Opens & Registration Begins
The Els Center of Excellence Pavilion
7:45 am – Welcome Announcement and National Anthem
8:00 am – Roots & Ruts Off-Road 5K Begins
8:00 am – Post Race Expo Begins
8:45 am – Sensory-Friendly Obstacle Course Begins
9:00 am – Awards Presentation
11:00 am – Post Race Expo Closes
The Foundation relies on generous sponsors to make these events possible! To find out more information about sponsorships, contact Paige Scollard or download the Sponsorship Brochure
Email: Paige.Scollard@elsforautism.org or Phone: 561-320-9532