Notice of Privacy Practices
The following privacy notice describes how medical information about your child may be used and disclosed, and how you can get access to this information. Please review it carefully.
Email Communication Disclaimer
Els for Autism will not intentionally share the contents of any email or information submitted via the internet with any third party. However, due to the nature of electronic communications, we cannot and do not provide any assurances that the contents of your email will not become known or accessible to third parties. We urge you not to provide any confidential information about you and/or your or your child’s health to us via electronic communication.
E-mail messages sent by Els for Autism, and any documents attached are confidential and may contain information that is protected from disclosure by various federal and state laws, including the HIPAA privacy rule (45 C.F.R., Part 164). This information is intended to be used solely by the entity or individual to whom this message is addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of messages without the sender’s written permission is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
Accordingly, if you receive a message in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail or call, and then delete the message.
We do our best to deliver exclusive, relevant information right to your inbox. You can sign up to receive our emails here. We respect your wishes to unsubscribe, but please know that we are always here if you decide to continue receiving emails from us. In order to unsubscribe, click the unsubscribe link that is located at the very bottom of the email communication. Additionally, you can email us at email@example.com to request to be unsubscribed.
We collect and store the personally identifiable information about our donors, such as names, addresses, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses. Here are some examples of ways in which we may collect such information:
- When you request information via our website or otherwise contact us in person, by phone, or by mail, whether postal or an electronic format, we may collect such information as you provide.
- We may collect your contact information if you register for an event.
- We may collect your contact and payment information when you purchase a ticket or make a contribution, whether on our website, over the phone, or by mail.
The above list provides a sample of personal information that may be collected by the Els for Autism Foundation. From time to time, we may collect personal information about you in ways not described above.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
- We will not sell, trade, or share your giving history or information, collected on the website or through any other business activities, with anyone else.
- We will only share your personal information if you give us specific permission to do so.
- We will collect payment information, billing address, and other information necessary to process a donation or event registration.
- We will use your information to comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of others.
- We will use your information to protect against potential fraud. We may verify with third parties the information collected in the course of processing a gift, event registration or other donation. If you use a credit or debit card, we will use card authorization to verify that your card information and address matches the information that you supplied to us and that the card being used has not been reported lost or stolen.
- You have the right to review information that we have collected about you. To review that information please contact us in writing at Els for Autism Foundation 18370 Limestone Creek Road Jupiter, FL 33458, Attention: Accounting Department.
Gift Acceptance Policy
Revised April 12, 2018
- Els for Autism Foundation solicits and accepts gifts that are consistent with its mission.
- Donations will generally be accepted from individuals, partnerships, corporations, foundations, government agencies, or other entities, without limitations.
- In the course of its regular fundraising activities, the Els for Autism Foundation will accept donations of money, real property, personal property, stock, and in-kind services.
- Certain types of gifts must be reviewed prior to acceptance due to the special liabilities they may pose for the Els for Autism Foundation. Examples of gifts which will be subject to review include gifts of real property, gifts of personal property, and gifts of securities.