Saturday, April 24, 2021
The second annual Roots & Ruts Off-Road 5K Run/Walk features a course through the North Jupiter Flatwoods Natural Area, a 160-acre natural area preserves comprised of mesic flatwoods, wet flatwoods, depression marsh, and dome swamp ecosystems. Because the run will take place in natural woodlands, participants should be cautious and aware at all times during the race. Racers should expect to encounter multiple ground surfaces throughout the race such as pavement, gravel, sand and grass.
To take the highest precautions for COVID-19 prevention, runners will start the race in waves depending on your average mile time. Within each wave grouping, 5 participants will be started every 20 seconds.
This race supports the Els for Autism Foundation™. Your participation will help us continue to secure funding for the Sports, Medical and Research, and Adult Services Facilities at The Els Center of Excellence™.
- T-Shirts are guaranteed to the first 250 registrants.
- Finisher Medals for each 5K participant.
- Advanced Registration is $35. Day of registration will not be permitted in order to limit social contact.
Can’t make it to the race? Not a problem! Participate in Els for Autism’s first ever Virtual Roots & Ruts Off Road 5K! Once registered, your virtual run/walk can be completed from anywhere around the world. You will have the chance to submit your results for the Virtual Roots & Ruts Off Road 5K and will receive a finishers certificate after submitting your results. We invite all virtual participants to post pictures of themselves, friends, family, and colleagues completing their run or walk on social media! Don’t forget to use the tags: #ElsforAutism and #RootsandRutsOffRoad5K
- Every runner will be provided with his/her own disposable timing tag which will be affixed to the race bib. Net timing will be recorded for each participant.
- Please arrive at your designated start time to avoid crowding.
- Strollers and pets are not allowed in the race.
- Early packet pickup will be at The Els Center of Excellence from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Wednesday, April 21st and Thursday, April 22nd, and from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Friday, April 23rd.
- On race day, parking directors will assist once you enter the gates at The Els Center of Excellence. Parking will be open at 6:30 a.m. and parking is free.
6:30 am – Parking Opens, The Els Center of Excellence Pavilion
7:15 am – Welcome Announcement and National Anthem
7:30 am – 7:40 am – Roots & Ruts Off-Road 5K Wave 1 Start (competitive racing and experienced trail runners; mile pace: 10 minutes or less)
8:00 am – 8:10 am – Roots & Ruts Off-Road 5K Wave 2 Start (intermediate racing/trail runners; mile pace: 10 to 15 minutes)
8:30 am – Roots & Ruts Off-Road 5K Wave 3/Family Fun Run Begins (beginner trail runners and walkers; mile pace: 15+ minutes)
The Foundation relies on generous sponsors to make these events possible! To find out more information about sponsorships, contact Paige Scollard or download the Sponsorship Brochure
Email: Paige.Scollard@elsforautism.org or Phone: 561-320-9532