What is The Els Center of Excellence®?
The Els Center of Excellence campus is a project of the Els for Autism Foundation®. It’s a world-class facility hosting leading-edge programs and services. Based in Jupiter, FL, the 26-acre campus is on track to be a game-changing resource in the field of autism and a leading example of what can be available to individuals on the spectrum. Donations in support of the campus should be made out to Els for Autism®.
What is the Els for Autism Foundation?
Els for Autism Foundation is a public charity EIN #26-3520396, recognized as tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
Where is The Els Center of Excellence located?
18370 Limestone Creek Road, Jupiter, Florida 33458 See Map
What types of Programs and Services are offered at The Els Center of Excellence?
Individuals with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) ages 16 months through adulthood are served through a variety of Programs and Services. For more information on these programs, please visit the Programs & Services section of our website or contact:
Dr. Marlene Sotelo, BCBA-D, MT-BC, Executive Director
Dr. Erin Brooker Lozott, BCBA-D, CCC-SLP, Program Director
When did The Els Center of Excellence open?
The Els Center of Excellence campus opened in August of 2015.
What is on The Els Center of Excellence campus?
Today the campus is comprised of four buildings:
- Administrative Building hosts the Foundation staff offices, a 300-seat auditorium, meeting rooms and spaces to conduct therapy sessions.
- Rupert Education Wing is currently in the process of changes. We look forward to providing the public with announcements soon.
- Shanken Education Wing hosts The Learning Academy at The Els Center of Excellence a tuition-free, non-profit, Palm Beach County, public charter high school currently serving students with autism ages 14-21. The Learning Academy’s mission is “Preparation for Life After School” and the school helps individuals with ASD in the areas of academics, vocational, functional life skills, social and communication skills. Visit: www.tlacad.org
- The Pavilion is a multipurpose classroom/studio for art shows and other gatherings and is equipped with a full catering kitchen.
Additionally, the campus contains:
- Courtyard – 26,000 square feet, fence enclosed, central area with grass and sidewalks
- Golf Course – a practice facility featuring 3 greens and 9 holes
- Sensory Arts Garden – a therapeutic and educational destination for children and adults of all abilities
Fundraising continues to secure funding for the Sports, Medical and Research, and Adult Services Facilities.
What is the name of the school?
The Upper School is called The Learning Academy at The Els Center of Excellence. It was formerly known as the Renaissance Learning Academy. The school moved to The Els Center of Excellence campus opening on August 14, 2017, in the Shanken Education Wing for the 2017-2018 school year.
Where do I find detailed information about the school located on The Els Center of Excellence campus including; admission information, transportation, after-school programs, and summer camps?
For information and to apply to The Learning Academy at The Els Center of Excellence, please go to http://www.tlacad.org
Do you have Programs and Services open to the public or are the services only for the students at the school?
Can I tour The Els Center of Excellence campus?
Tours of The Els Center of Excellence campus are offered monthly. To register for a tour, click here.
How can I find out more about meeting and conference space rental options at The Els Center of Excellence?
Meeting and conference space is available to rent on The Els Center of Excellence campus. Available locations include:
- Auditorium – capacity 300
- Courtyard – capacity 500
- Golf Course Facility – capacity 300
- Meeting/conference rooms –3 room with a capacity of 40/each
- Pavilion- ask for capacity by seating configuration
- Sensory Arts Garden
To book your next meeting or conference at The Els Center of Excellence, please visit our Book an Event page.
Who do I contact regarding fundraising activities and events?
Are there opportunities to volunteer?
Volunteers are an essential and invaluable resource to the Foundation. Our volunteers share a common desire to make a difference by committing time and their expertise to positively impact the lives of individuals and families affected by ASD. There are numerous volunteer opportunities. All volunteers must complete a background check. If you are interested in volunteering at The Els Center of Excellence, please visit the volunteer page to find out about volunteer positions, days/times and to fill out the volunteer form. If you have questions on the volunteer form, contact:
Karen Roberts, Human Resources Generalist
Who should I contact for employment opportunities for Programs and Services not related to the schools?
Please see the Employment Opportunities page on our website for open positions and appropriate contact information. Click here.
Who should I contact to make a donation?